So far this week has been quite interesting.
So on Monday my coteacher left on a fieldtrip with the 6th graders to Gyeongju, and won't be back until Wednesday, so on Monday and Tuesday I had class all by myself, and it was a bit scary, because I didn't have my translator around and sometimes they didn't understand me. Mostly it went okay at least, because usually someone in there understood. I liked some of the classes better than other classes because they would volunteer more, rather than this one class where I'd say any volunteers and they just sit there blankly.
On Wednesday, wow, that was a whole day in confusion and miscommunication. I was supposed to go on a fieldtrip with the 3-5 graders to some science museum. So I got to school, andI went to my room because no one told me where to meet or go. And before you know it, everyone left and I'm still sitting here. So I was like hmmm. And then there was no lunch service so I scavaged for some cereal and cookies from the teachers room. In the end, they said they didn't even notice I was there since I just sit there all day and apparently I was supposed to meet up with them outside, but of course no one said anything. And then when I was sitting in my office alone yesterday, there was only a few handful of people who didn't speak English well, so I couldn't talk about my problems to them. Anyway, so I ended up sitting on my desk doing random stuff and making lesson plans all day.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment