Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Teaching

So I just had my first two classes, and it wasn't too bad, but then again, it wasn't a "real" class day. Today was just intro day. So first ten to fifteen minutes my coteacher put them in their assigned seats and introduced herself. And then I introduced myself with my powerpoint with lots of pictures, and they asked me questions. Of course, they didn't all use English so my coteacher had to translate some questions for me to answer. And then she'll pick up parts of what I said and repeat that so that the kids can repeat it. Out of my two classes, I liked my second one better. First one was rowdier and took a long time getting them to settle down, and second class actually tried to use English more when being asked. So far it wasn't too bad but we didn't really do any lessons yet. The kids are cute but also pretty loud and hyper.

1 comment: