Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Coldness, advanced classes, and readers

The weather here has been pretty unpredictable these days. Last weekend it was quite nice, maybe 60s, and it was nice enough that I was wearing a sweatshirt and tshirt when we went to the dog shelter, and I didn't feel cold at all. And then yesterday the temperature dropped and this morning it was freezing. I think it might be sprinkled some snow but most of it melted, but yet, it was still biting cold with chilly winds. It's almost April! I hope it warms up soon!

I think my advanced class has been doing a lot better these days. I had them on Monday and on Tuesday, and I made lesson plans about face and body parts. I gave them some worksheets, such as label the body/face, unscramble words, and word searches, as well as playing some games, such as simon says and draw a monster (of which I dictated what the monster has, such as two noses, one eye, long neck, big shoulders, etc), and that was quite fun and hilarious. I think I am having a bit easier time with them, but I did have to plan the lessons on the weekend, because I'm still not very good at it. For the warmup I've been showing them optical illusion type images, such as "how many xxx can you find in this picture" and "what do you see?" when the image can have multiple meanings. I hope these entertain them somewhat. I have one more advanced class this week tomorrow.

Today is Wednesday, which means I've been 25 for one week so far! It will almost be the end of our very first month in Korea. 11 more to go!


Oh, and I am curious, who actually reads our blog? The counter reads 800+ but we've only gotten one comment occasionally. So if you do, leave a comment below.

3 comments:

  1. That unpredictable weather is actually predictable :). We call it "κ½ƒμƒ˜μΆ”μœ„ (GgotSsaem) cold" (I don't know how to translate it properly in English. It's something like "Coldness by the weather envying flowers bursting into bloom". It usually lasts a week late March and when it's done, now you safely call it Spring! I hope you enjoy your stay in Korea. I'm a regular here who live in Arkansas now. Not far from your home, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello out there :D
    It's an enjoyable read and see you around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I taught in Pusan in 1996-97, and I still really enjoy reading about this amazing country. So, annyonghi haseyo!

    ReplyDelete