Today is the first day of the fall semester, so in essence we are halfway done now. Teaching in korea has been quite a journey, with both ups and downs, so don't think it's all fun and games.
During the summer, the 3 weeks after Bali, I had summer camp. At first I was really into planning lessons and games, but near the end, the last week, I was like blah and just let them watch Spongebob and Tom and Jerry streaming from the Internet. The very last day I showed a
movie, Flushed Away, which was actually pretty good. One of the reasons I got less into it is because less people would come to class, like only a few per class, so I was like why bother with lessons I planned when I can just use it in the normal classes in the semester. After all, my coteacher isn't even there most of the time, so it's not like she can complain about it. (Although she did a little bit the very last day since it was one of the 3 days she was there). Other
than that, summer school was a bit annoying in the fact that I only taught until noon, but I had to stay until 4:40 all 3 weeks, which was very annoying. Aaron could go home at his lunch time, but I never get to.
We'll see what this semester holds I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment